Xecuter's KProbe Test Results

Xecuter

Staff member
Top TX Brass
Dec 6, 2002
Asia
team-xecuter.com
FYI This is the kind of setup that works for me and others. Its not "Gospel" and is not set in stone. It is meant as a guide to demonstrate that this can be a flawless process. There are so many variables that can effect the end result and as much as we would love to give you a definitive answer - there isn't one. What we do say is stick to Verbatim MIS (Made In Singapore). Once you have great results go from there and go with the process that works best for YOU.

Remember, if you are using LT+ v3.0 and have patched using the median Topology, then simply use the Kprobe tests as a guideline. As long as your burns work (no disc errors) then you should be perfectly fine on XBL. You don't have to be super anal about the results - use your own judgement and common sense - we can't do that for you.

This is how the burns look when your setup is correct.

DVD: Liteon iHAS 124-04 B
Motherboard: EVGA Classified X58
SATA: JMicron Onboard ESATA (AHCI Disabled - IDE Mode - Port 8)
Driver: SPTI
Media: Verbatim MKM-003 Singapore
Speed: 4x (OPC on)
Smartburn: EEPROM Enabled
Force Hyper Tuning: EEPROM Enabled
Online Hyper Tuning: EEPROM Enabled

All other IMGBURN settings were default

Made sure any SPTD Pass Thru Drivers were uninstalled.

Unloaded apps from memory such as SlySoft AnyDVD and Daemon Tools

IMGBurn Write Time: 27 Mins
Kprobe2 Time: 25 Mins

Graph:

Also just to show that when your system is setup perfectly but you use a sh*tty quality disc - this is what happens. Exact same setup as above - only difference is I used a Phillips CMC-MAG-D03-64

Edit:

Here is another one. This time I cleared the OPC history before burn and closed down all background processes and didn't touch the PC while burning. The results are slightly better - even though they were awesome in the first place. This one is Forza 4 Disc 1.

Cheap media. You can polish a turd but at the end of the day its still a turd.

And if you are using Verbatim MKM003 and are still getting errors then there are only two answers to that. Either your burner is out of whack or your PC isn't setup optimally - of the more obvious reason - the discs are India / Taiwan Verbatims and they are really poor quality. The problem is a lot of dealers will sell these versions as Singapore - scamming you in the process as you don't know the difference. They cost the trader 25c cheaper PER DISC and there is a good reason for that. I am doing a deal with Verbatim USA where I can get genuine Singapore MKM-003's at good prices for some of our resellers - just so you know you're not getting shafted.

alyshehata

VIP Member
Jan 26, 2011
Re: My KProbe Test Results

I dont think theres anything "right" to do other than buy verbs and an iHas and read the tutorial. A lot of people have been doing that and getting bad results. More like "when you lucky". Anyhow, great work and thanks :)

Ubergeek

Xecuter Groupie
Feb 24, 2003
California, USA

There are a thousand variables that could be different - that's why Xecuter posted the complete spec including hardware and software variables.

The entire team gets the same results as above - none of us get results worse than this. What does that tell you ?

diaboliq20

VIP Member
Jun 23, 2011
Scotland

People do tend to forget about background tasks when doing these burns, and memory usage/hdd quality etc....at least Xecuter, and Ubergeek posted FULL setup to show everyone how it's done......hopefully - people will pay attention this time, and a lot of these 'burning' threads will disappear lol

MegaLiftman

VIP Member
Apr 13, 2011
Concrete Jungle
To be fair I think the guy was saying the main thing is to get the correct discs. Other factors could come into play on limited hardware.

BGAMods

VIP Member
Jan 20, 2010
UK
bgamods.co.uk
i had shocking results with a new 624 drive. so grabbed a 124 with the exact same setup and discs and now results are perfect. im guessing alot of the bad results are down to sh*te burners out of the box.

CS10

VIP Member
Dec 26, 2010
Derby, UK
www.ldhosts.co.uk
Hi Uber, I was just wondering which in your opinion is better from below.

Both burnt with exactly the same media type (MKM003), same iso, top one was burnt at 4x with OPC turned on, bottom one was burnt at 4x, opc turned on, but with Force Hypertuning and Online Hypertuning enabled.

Really what I'm asking is, is it better to have a lower PI, or PIF.

I apologise if this has been asked and I missed it.

FML22

Sep 27, 2011
oh my, ill try it out anyway to install on xbox. it verify 100 %..

well lets see

piromaniac

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Molex tower
oh my, ill try it out anyway to install on xbox. it verify 100 %..

well lets see
:facepalm:
not being funny mate but have you read anything over the last week since the firmware has been released, if pif is above 4 its a crap burn, regardless if it burnt and verified ok, you are opening yourdself up for a flag/ ban, unless you arent bothered.....

FML22

Sep 27, 2011
could it have something to do that i have used laptop, molex and x360usb?
maybe the drive not that good if connected to that..

like when u burn something else from laptop and from pc?

TorchLight

VIP Member
Dec 16, 2010
:facepalm:
not being funny mate but have you read anything over the last week since the firmware has been released, if pif is above 4 its a crap burn, regardless if it burnt and verified ok, you are opening yourdself up for a flag/ ban, unless you arent bothered.....
Id be more concerned about his averages than the spikes. I know the PIF is below what is expected but are still quite high. Are you running any background processes when burning? (FML22)

Last edited:

WestCoastConsoles

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2010
Portland, OR
could it have something to do that i have used laptop, molex and x360usb?
maybe the drive not that good if connected to that..

like when u burn something else from laptop and from pc?
I'm using a laptop as my main device my pc gave sh*t burns. With a sata power unit and x360usb pro. Took about 10 discs to get it fine tuned.

Last edited:

Ubergeek

Xecuter Groupie
Feb 24, 2003
California, USA
Are you guys clearing your OPC history after every burn ? That's what I do. I also close all processes and don't touch the box at all while burning. This not a standard burn. The more people remember that the more success they will have.

FML22

Sep 27, 2011
Are you guys clearing your OPC history after every burn ? That's what I do. I also close all processes and don't touch the box at all while burning. This not a standard burn. The more people remember that the more success they will have.
Hello Ubergeek,

Didn't know that i have to do that, it burned with 2,4 opc off 100 burn and verify - but kprobe gave me 6 instead of the lower 4.

i was wondering maybe it is because i have vmware on my mac, and i was surfing while kprobe did what it had to do