XeLL-Reloaded v0.993 with Corona Video support released

Xecuter

Staff member
Top TX Brass
Dec 6, 2002
Asia
team-xecuter.com
Today we can all have Video support on ANY corona, with ANY video cable thanks to the awesome work of the Libxenon team!

Yesterday many of you saw a new XeLL-Reloaded version on the web (v0.992) well, it was released a little to early, there were still a few bugs that needed to be addressed, but today we have v0.993 with these bugs fixed!

Some of the highlights are:

• Video support for corona consoles (NOTE: NTSC consoles may have video issues on some video modes)
  • Support for all 3 USB busses (you can now use more then one usb drive in XeLL)
  • Support for finding one additional USB drive during the file loop (no need to reboot the console if you forgot to put in your USB!)
  • New web interface functions (shutdown and reboot your console, and get a boot log)
  • Better support for big USB drives (or poorly formatted USB drives)
  • Image checking in Rawflash (make sure the image you are trying to write is for this console type)
  • eMMC read support (NOTE: This doesn't work when launched from XellLaunch)

Changelog:

v0.993 – 28/08/2013
Disabled USB writes for the logfile (not working with EXT# anyways
Fixed the crashing when unplugging USB memories at runtime

v0.992 – 27/08/2013 * Released by a trigger happy Tuxuser *
! Corona video support !
* NTSC gives weird black/white screen
eMMC Reading support for Corona consoles (no flashing!)
* Not working when launched via XellLaunch
Rawflash verify features
Cygnos/DemoN builds included – 38400 UART baudrate
Logfile writing to USB or HTTP Webinterface
Dumps ANA-Registers to UART / Logfile
« Shutdown » and « Reboot » via HTTP Webinterface
Option to disable Network via xell config
Support for all 3 USB busses
* Crashing when USB is plugged out or attached at runtime
Switched from zlib to puff (smaller)
Support for mounting 1 USB memory device at runtime
Better support for big USB devices (or poorly formatted ones)
Download

V

VampireSwizzy

thanks a lot man .
did fix some RED SCREEN on XELL ?
look like "STACK DUMP" or something on Screen .
http://team-xecuter.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=8257&d=1335879073
When does this occur? and is it in the new v0.993?

** edit: **

And what console do you run it on? (what motherboard)

** edit 2: **

Another thing that would be useful is to know what cable you used, and if possible it'd be great to have a UART log :)

** edit 3: **

now we wait for everyone to fix their emulators that run from xell to support corona....

In the case of a spelling error, I blame Tapatalk.
There isn't much "fixing" needed, it's mainly just recompile using the new toolchain xD

Last edited:

[AD]

Staff member
Troll Eating Dogs
Dec 8, 2002
Bolton, Lancs. UK
Great work and thanks to the team...

Reactions: gotmehyper

gavin_darkglide

VIP Member
Dec 14, 2012
Today we can all have Video support on ANY corona, with ANY video cable thanks to the awesome work of the Libxenon team!

Yesterday many of you saw a new XeLL-Reloaded version on the web (v0.992) well, it was released a little to early, there were still a few bugs that needed to be addressed, but today we have v0.993 with these bugs fixed!

Some of the highlights are:

• Video support for corona consoles (NOTE: NTSC consoles may have video issues on some video modes)
  • Support for all 3 USB busses (you can now use more then one usb drive in XeLL)
  • Support for finding one additional USB drive during the file loop (no need to reboot the console if you forgot to put in your USB!)
  • New web interface functions (shutdown and reboot your console, and get a boot log)
  • Better support for big USB drives (or poorly formatted USB drives)
  • Image checking in Rawflash (make sure the image you are trying to write is for this console type)
  • eMMC read support (NOTE: This doesn't work when launched from XellLaunch)

Changelog:

Download
I never had a problem that required rebooting if i forgot to plug in my USB, then again all i use XELL for is N64 emulator, and occasionally to watch movies the xbox system video player wont play....... Cant wait until N64 emulator comes built with Xbox SDK, But i dont think GliGli plans on doing this, and it is far outside my programming experience. It would also be nice to see Xbox Media Center on the 360...... Another thing that would be a nice addition to Xell is Wifi Support....

The image checking feature is nice, but i think it would be better if it compared the keyvault from the image to the keyvault on the nand, and would give a warning if they were not the same..... just so someone doesnt accidently flash the wrong image to there xbox.

Last edited:
V

VampireSwizzy

I never had a problem that required rebooting if i forgot to plug in my USB, then again all i use XELL for is N64 emulator, and occasionally to watch movies the xbox system video player wont play....... Cant wait until N64 emulator comes built with Xbox SDK, But i dont think GliGli plans on doing this, and it is far outside my programming experience. It would also be nice to see Xbox Media Center on the 360...... Another thing that would be a nice addition to Xell is Wifi Support....

The image checking feature is nice, but i think it would be better if it compared the keyvault from the image to the keyvault on the nand, and would give a warning if they were not the same..... just so someone doesnt accidently flash the wrong image to there xbox.
When you have fully booted XeLL (when it's running the file loop) it previously stopped looking for USB devices, i changed that behaviour so that it can find new devices, however... i could not get it to add more then one USB memory (not sure how to fix that right now)

The KV compare isn't so easy to do, if you've got a badblock where that would be... it'd be a useless check in those cases, altought quite rare it happens! if you want true security don't use this! ;) it's mainly meant for a failsafe if you manage to screw up so the dashboard don't boot or similar... i added the checks as some form of layer of protection, older XeLL versions does only size check, which in itself isn't going to save you from making a huge misstake, this will atleast do something...

Wifi support could be done, but... not really useful for XeLL as there is no way to configure it... maybe just maybe one could read what the dashboard saved... but, that's not going to be in a static offset which makes it a bigger job to write code that searches for the information before it can even start using it...

jant90

VIP Member
Jan 26, 2010
Cool! Also really like that I can now plugin my USB while it's in the file loop (allows me to generate a new NAND from the CPU key just gotten via Xell and update immediatly via USB.

I assume the ecc's for DGX won't be updated? I personally have great success retrieving CPU keys with a DGX instead of using the new ECC's with any glitch chip, because I feel that it's easier to install a DGX than a CR3 Pro to a Corona (only 6 wires to install and remove afterwards) and only tweaking the POST_OUT wire to get your keys. But I guess it's no problem to just use the network for the keys.

Anyways, thanks again and is J-Runner already updated with this new Xell version yet?

jant90

VIP Member
Jan 26, 2010
When you have fully booted XeLL (when it's running the file loop) it previously stopped looking for USB devices, i changed that behaviour so that it can find new devices, however... i could not get it to add more then one USB memory (not sure how to fix that right now)

The KV compare isn't so easy to do, if you've got a badblock where that would be... it'd be a useless check in those cases, altought quite rare it happens! if you want true security don't use this! ;) it's mainly meant for a failsafe if you manage to screw up so the dashboard don't boot or similar... i added the checks as some form of layer of protection, older XeLL versions does only size check, which in itself isn't going to save you from making a huge misstake, this will atleast do something...

Wifi support could be done, but... not really useful for XeLL as there is no way to configure it... maybe just maybe one could read what the dashboard saved... but, that's not going to be in a static offset which makes it a bigger job to write code that searches for the information before it can even start using it...
As for Wi-Fi support, maybe read the network settings (SSID and password) from a txt file on the USB drive? Although I don't really see a use for it either.

V

VampireSwizzy

Cool! Also really like that I can now plugin my USB while it's in the file loop (allows me to generate a new NAND from the CPU key just gotten via Xell and update immediatly via USB.

I assume the ecc's for DGX won't be updated? I personally have great success retrieving CPU keys with a DGX instead of using the new ECC's with any glitch chip, because I feel that it's easier to install a DGX than a CR3 Pro to a Corona (only 6 wires to install and remove afterwards) and only tweaking the POST_OUT wire to get your keys. But I guess it's no problem to just use the network for the keys.

Anyways, thanks again and is J-Runner already updated with this new Xell version yet?
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/43280539/betareleases/Alpha/XeLLReplacer.rar <--- you can use my personal tool for that if you like, maybe i'll release it to everyone after a small update to retain the original spare data just updating ecc... (if you do use this tool you must write the image with the +w option for nandpro, not sure if jrunner does that automatically when writing with it?)

** edit: **

Boredom ftw?: http://downloads.xeupd.com/_random apps/XeLLReplacer_v1.3.rar this one will replace xell without changing how the image shall be written... (write it the same as the source image would)

Last edited:

BL4K3Y

VIP Member
Jul 7, 2010
Colne, Lancashire (UK)
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/43280539/betareleases/Alpha/XeLLReplacer.rar <--- you can use my personal tool for that if you like, maybe i'll release it to everyone after a small update to retain the original spare data just updating ecc... (if you do use this tool you must write the image with the +w option for nandpro, not sure if jrunner does that automatically when writing with it?)
Is there anything you don't have a tool for, Swizzy? Lol.

Thanks for all the hard work and effort you have put in to this fine XeLL release and also the other tools you have released to the community :).

Reactions: xzanox

jant90

VIP Member
Jan 26, 2010
Thanks for that, with GUI and everything! :)

What Xell binary do I need to use though, the "xell-2f.bin" or the "xell-gggggg.bin"?

V

VampireSwizzy

Thanks for that, with GUI and everything! :)

What Xell binary do I need to use though, the "xell-2f.bin" or the "xell-gggggg.bin"?
For glitch type images (RGX, DGX etc.) you use xell-ggg....bin, for JTAG type images you use xell-1f.bin iirc

Is there anything you don't have a tool for, Swizzy? Lol.

Thanks for all the hard work and effort you have put in to this fine XeLL release and also the other tools you have released to the community :).
Yes... full automation of writing these apps ;)

BL4K3Y

VIP Member
Jul 7, 2010
Colne, Lancashire (UK)
Don't quote me, but I am sure you would use xell-gggggg.bin.

The file "xell-2f.bin" should be injected in to existing glitch/JTAG images I think.

EDIT: Read Swizzy's reply below.

Last edited:
Reactions: jant90
V

VampireSwizzy

Don't quote me, but I am sure you would use xell-gggggg.bin.

The file "xell-2f.bin" is used for existing glitch/JTAG images I think.
xell-2f.bin is only used by modern JTAG type images, xell-ggg....bin is used by glitch images...