XeLL-Reloaded v0.993 with Corona Video support released

V

VampireSwizzy

xell-2f.bin is only used by modern JTAG type images, xell-ggg....bin is used by glitch images...
To clarify what i mean by "modern JTAG type images" in the above post it's fbbuild/xebuild images and possible late ibuild images (not sure about ibuild... to long time ago for me to remember)

gavin_darkglide

VIP Member
Dec 14, 2012
I dont like running ethernet cables, when i can use wireless, It would be nice to see, but i can also see how it could be a pain........ also my kid takes the xbox in his room, and i was thinking if we could get wireless support in xell, he could watch my archived movie collection from the computer in the xell based media player, because it supports more video files/codecs then the built in system video player. as for getting the information from a text file on the usb is a feasible option. I run linux, and dont really want to take all of my mkv/ogg vorbis/etc, and convert them to a format that microsoft approves.

Last edited:
V

VampireSwizzy

I dont like running ethernet cables, when i can use wireless, It would be nice to see, but i can also see how it could be a pain........ also my kid takes the xbox in his room, and i was thinking if we could get wireless support in xell, he could watch my archived movie collection from the computer in the xell based media player, because it supports more video files/codecs then the built in system video player. as for getting the information from a text file on the usb is a feasible option. I run linux, and dont really want to take all of my mkv/ogg vorbis/etc, and convert them to a format that microsoft approves.
That wouldn't require XeLL to have Wifi support, just libxenon ;) and of course, it'd require that xmplayer gets an update supporting it...

** edit: **

It'd also need to have smb added (iirc) maybe i'll fix this for ya in a update...

Last edited:

professor_jonny

VIP Member
Hi there,

I was just reading the readme for the new xell and i read the below:

HOW TO USE
==============

XeLL Reloaded checks for ELF/UpdXeLL/Kboot-config or updflash.bin in the following order:

USB (FAT/EXT2FS)
DVD(ISO9660)
HDD(XTAF/FAT/EXT2FS):

does this mean we may now run an initrd/ loop file system off a fatx/xtaf partation?
so we can now have linux installed and boot from an xbox formatted partition ?

V

VampireSwizzy

Hi there,

I was just reading the readme for the new xell and i read the below:

HOW TO USE
==============

XeLL Reloaded checks for ELF/UpdXeLL/Kboot-config or updflash.bin in the following order:

USB (FAT/EXT2FS)
DVD(ISO9660)
HDD(XTAF/FAT/EXT2FS):

does this mean we may now run an initrd/ loop file system off a fatx/xtaf partation?
so we can now have linux installed and boot from an xbox formatted partition ?
XTAF is the Xbox 360 FS... meaning, you should be able to load a xenon.elf or whatever from the internal HDD aswell ;)

V

VampireSwizzy

Thanks. Hopefully mupen will work on my corona now!
Yeah... once it's been recompiled it'll work... i'll let gligli do that... or someone else... i cba to do it right now, etheir way... there's a fix that needs to be done to the mount code in ZLX which can be found in my XeLL changes :)

big_ted

VIP Member
Dec 31, 2003
Midlands UK
Swizzy, top man you've made a lot of people very happy, On the other hand you'll probably make a lot more upset when they don't know what to flash and fook up their consoles :D

Ted

V

VampireSwizzy

Swizzy, top man you've made a lot of people very happy, On the other hand you'll probably make a lot more upset when they don't know what to flash and fook up their consoles :D

Ted
That's what xeBuild, xeBuild GUI, AutoGG, J-Runner etc. is for... to make ppl that have no idea what they're doing atleast not fail miserably :p

pspin

VIP Member
Jul 9, 2010
Florida
Funny thing I never had a problem with xell and hdmi on corona's I've worked on. I am just saying.

V

VampireSwizzy

Funny thing I never had a problem with xell and hdmi on corona's I've worked on. I am just saying.
Never? well then you haven't been around very long...

The first versions of XeLL-Reloaded doesn't have any video support on coronas... about a year ago Tuxuser made HDMI work but decided not to release it at the time... after that the XeLL included with the DGX 1.0 images were compatible with HDMI... but... the "normal" XeLL still had zero video support on coronas...

What's new in v0.992/v0.993 is that ALL video modes work on coronas (NTSC composite mode might not work, not sure... i've had mixed reports on that, but other then that... all of them should work just fine on pretty much all coronas [i've tested it on coronas with various issues besides video using older XeLL versions])

Last edited:

pspin

VIP Member
Jul 9, 2010
Florida
Never? well then you haven't been around very long...

The first versions of XeLL-Reloaded doesn't have any video support on coronas... about a year ago Tuxuser made HDMI work but decided not to release it at the time... after that the XeLL included with the DGX 1.0 images were compatible with HDMI... but... the "normal" XeLL still had zero video support on coronas...

What's new in v0.992/v0.993 is that ALL video modes work on coronas (NTSC composite mode might not work, not sure... i've had mixed reports on that, but other then that... all of them should work just fine on pretty much all coronas [i've tested it on coronas with various issues besides video using older XeLL versions])
I just haven't been doing rgh long thats all been around for a while now. I have seen all sorts of consoles. I was referring to dgx key extraction with hdmi on corona's using that xell.

ghost7

Oct 24, 2003
Kent,UK
To clarify what i mean by "modern JTAG type images" in the above post it's fbbuild/xebuild images and possible late ibuild images (not sure about ibuild... to long time ago for me to remember)
So stupid questions again, never updated Xell thought I probably best to do an update, have JTag setup as outlined here http://team-xecuter.com/forums/showthread.php/137979-NAND-X-JTAG-Install-Guides-JTAG-KITS-2-5-8-E79 on a 16Mb Jasper. It has a recent flash update using J-Runner (16203) does that mean I should use the modern JTag image i.e xell-2f.bin or is is the xell-1f.bin as it was tagged some time ago?

I am sure this is a dumb question so sorry about that!

Ignore me I am stupid, J-Runner does all this for me, which if I had thought about it would have made sense!

Last edited: