GENERAL XGD3 - MKM003 / MKM001 Settings & Burn Guide - Co-written with the author of IMGBURN

marcelorider

Noob Account
Oct 15, 2013
Re: XGD3 - MKM003 / MKM001 Settings & Burn Guide - Co-written with the author of IMGB

Is it normal to get high values from PI Errors on Layerbreak?

Values are:

PI Errors:
Max: 246
Avg: 5.60
Total: 186563

PIF Errors:
Max: 3
Avg: 0.00
Total 1223

Regards!

DrunkenNinja

VIP Member
Oct 3, 2011
RGH
Re: XGD3 - MKM003 / MKM001 Settings & Burn Guide - Co-written with the author of IMGB

WoW. I sense a lot of hate for my questions..

Dont know why are you so mad.

Some of my backup burns actually play, so far, well.
That's why I asked what are the consequences for playing with a bad burn, I dont want to mess up my laser.
You dunno what hate is firstly...

It's of no importance if the disc plays, truncate discs play too... I said it would not verify that data around the Layerbreak making it not as safe as it should be and likely missing chunks of data... Your disc is as safe as a truncate disc... Will it damage your laser, maybe if it needs to access that part of the disc.

Only M$ can tell you how risky it is but it's obviously better to buy a decent burner and write them correctly in the first place, still cheaper than the price of a scratched up new release original, think about that...

Is it normal to get high values from PI Errors on Layerbreak?

Values are:

PI Errors:
Max: 246
Avg: 5.60
Total: 186563

PIF Errors:
Max: 3
Avg: 0.00
Total 1223

Regards!
That disc is ok, make sure it verify's the data...

Last edited:

marcelorider

Noob Account
Oct 15, 2013

DrunkenNinja, i've verified it on the Nero and gave me that results, on Kprobe gave me:
PI max = 45
PI Avg = 1.94
PIF Max = 2
PIF Avg = 0.03

And that was on the same disk so i guess it's all ok ;)

DrunkenNinja

VIP Member
Oct 3, 2011
RGH

You need to verify the disc data against the original ripped ISO... You did that right?

It's easiest to tick the verify box in IMGBURN and it will verify the data automatically after finalising the burn...

Last edited:
Reactions: marcelorider

marcelorider

Noob Account
Oct 15, 2013

Yes it verified ok with IMGBURN.

Just don't know why it gives me that spike on the PI side...

Gwathnar

Jun 1, 2013

Here's one of my back ups, it will not play in my system.
It says the disk can't be read. Not sure what I'm doing wrong.

test.PNG

JiKing

Noob Account
Sep 27, 2013

You dunno what hate is firstly...

It's of no importance if the disc plays, truncate discs play too... I said it would not verify that data around the Layerbreak making it not as safe as it should be and likely missing chunks of data... Your disc is as safe as a truncate disc... Will it damage your laser, maybe if it needs to access that part of the disc.

Only M$ can tell you how risky it is but it's obviously better to buy a decent burner and write them correctly in the first place, still cheaper than the price of a scratched up new release original, think about that...

That disc is ok, make sure it verify's the data...
I verified in IMGBURN and with ABGX, and all good.

And about the software? What its better? The Nero or the DvDProInfo? Better = more accurate results.

I will try to find a decent burner them.

Thank you for the answer.

marcelorider

Noob Account
Oct 15, 2013

My copies are gettin worse and worse from burn to burn... It's my 7th burn and gave me a huge spike near the layer break. (on both PI and PIF)

Any ideas?

DrunkenNinja

VIP Member
Oct 3, 2011
RGH

Nero discspeed is more accurate in my opinion...

RhoTrux64

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2004

My copies are gettin worse and worse from burn to burn... It's my 7th burn and gave me a huge spike near the layer break. (on both PI and PIF)

Any ideas?
A single spike is not an issue. Do they play?

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk

marcelorider

Noob Account
Oct 15, 2013

Well, give me you'r opinion.

I have already flashed the drive again but i don't see there's a problem on it.

I'll post here below some screens of one of the latest burns.
Same burn with different testing programs.
And they are Singapure Non Printable Verbatim.

Settings:
Calcule Optimal
OPC = OFF
FHT= ON
OHT = OFF
OS = OFF
SB = ON
Speed = 4x

uf63.png
onfe.png

I might give a try with OPC = ON on another copy.

Last edited:

RhoTrux64

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2004

Don't see the problem. The burns are fine. 90 minimum passes. What's the issue? Do they play or not?

Sent from my HTC_Amaze_4G using freakin' Tapatalk 4

marcelorider

Noob Account
Oct 15, 2013

Well the problem is that on the layer break the results tend to go worst.
That burn i've posted was after i made like 12 burns in total.
And on the 8th burn i got a HUGE spike and failed verification, so i cleared the media information and also the OPC (i don't use anyway but...), reflashed the drive and tried again, that is the third burn after all the above.

But what i mean with all this is that after some burns the result's won't improve and get higher and higher values especially on the layer break until it gives the verification error on IMGBURN.

As far as i know, the copy above would be OK on live, but still risky though.

RhoTrux64

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2004

Haven't seen a single burn log yet. Assuming you're burning MKM001 at 2.4x, enable overspeed and burn at 4x. And post the log.

Edit: sorry, got confused by another post. I see you're using MKM003.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk

Last edited:

marcelorider

Noob Account
Oct 15, 2013

They're MKM003 burnt at 4x.

When i make some more burns i will save the LOG, BURN Graph and Verify Graph and post it here ;)

Regards!

RhoTrux64

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2004

Here's one of my back ups, it will not play in my system.
It says the disk can't be read. Not sure what I'm doing wrong.

View attachment 21576
Burner is not compatible. The scan range and sample count are short.

Sent from my HTC_Amaze_4G using freakin' Tapatalk 4

Last edited:

DrunkenNinja

VIP Member
Oct 3, 2011
RGH

They're MKM003 burnt at 4x.

When i make some more burns i will save the LOG, BURN Graph and Verify Graph and post it here ;)

Regards!
Your burns are fine, your are asking for help with nothing... Enjoy your discs...

polys

Jul 9, 2013

So the suggested settings in ImgBurn are the following??

1. Reset to default
2. Layerbreak: Calculate optimal
3. Perform OPC before write: OFF

What about these settings?

- Enable BURN-Proof
- Buffer Size

DrunkenNinja

VIP Member
Oct 3, 2011
RGH

So the suggested settings in ImgBurn are the following??

1. Reset to default
2. Layerbreak: Calculate optimal
3. Perform OPC before write: OFF

What about these settings?

- Enable BURN-Proof
- Buffer Size
1. YES
2. YES
3. YES

- YES (No burnproof = A dead disc if your buffer runs dry)
- DEFAULT (No need to increase the buffer size)

Reactions: Taijigamer2

lesta_smsc

BANNED
Oct 15, 2013

Great source of information. Thank you to authors and contributors.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2