XGD3 Quality Test Guidelines

J3rk My Turk3y

VIP Member
Nov 27, 2010
Manchester
I used the same settings as before and have changed nothing. This is is better so i do think the drive is getting better and producing quality burns now.
I might burn a few more then change some settings to see if i can get under 4 :)

FatalityxF

VIP Member
Aug 8, 2011
I found the settings that work best for me:

Smartburn = Enabled
FHT = Disabled
OHT = Disabled
Overspeed = Enabled
OPC = Enabled
Burning Speed = 4x

[URL=http://img259.imageshack.us/img259/8107/raged1.png]Link To Image[/URL]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Thank you sir, you probably just saved me so much trial and error.

First test was picture 1 (attached) as per Uber's recommendations in the tutorial created with the dev of Imgburn.
2.4x w/o OPC.

Second test followed your guidelines in EEPROM, burned at 4x with OPC.

Setup is on Parallels with 1GB ram and using a 2.66GhZ Core 2 Duo with Win7 x64 and OS X Lion x64.

Burner was a brand new Lite-On iHAS-124B with 124B CFW manufactured in August 2011. Connected thru X360USB Pro.

Great results:) Cheers!

Reactions: vildzek

Piolin88

Oct 9, 2011
Coachella CA
Guys quick question PIF should be 4 or lower but is 6 really bad with everything else up to specs? Please anyone with insight please reply thanks

ceasy317

Oct 2, 2012
I have tried everything new drive, new disc, different HD..... I dont understand how a 3 grand computer cant burn perfect backups :facepalm:

save.PNG

fusionx

May 31, 2013
Yes, are you having problems with any other discs? Could be a sign that your laser is giving up.

madman29729

Noob Account
Jul 17, 2013
ok im getting really good result up until the layer break then it spikes...

im using iHAS 124B - With MKM003 dk weather its the Singapore or not

Smartburn = enabled
Force Hyper Tuning = enabled
Online Hyper Tuning = enabled
Burn Proof = disabled

burned @ 2.4x OPC = disabled
also
burned @ 4x with OPC = enabled and still bad results

333.PNG

anyideas? also does it matter weather i manually specify the layer break or let imgburn calculate the optimal (uses the one from the .dvd file?)

the .iso did pass verification in abgx

Last edited:

scott1503

VIP Member
Jul 21, 2012
Harrogate, North Yorkshire , uk

Smartburn = enabled
Burn Proof = disabled

also

View attachment 20923

anyideas? also does it matter weather i manually specify the layer break or let imgburn calculate the optimal (uses the one from the .dvd file?)

if I am not mistaken the layer break is set by the .dvd file which in turn is set by abgx and if I remember correctly is in the region of 2133520 for xgd3 games

Reactions: madman29729

RhoTrux64

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2004

Smartburn = enabled
Burn Proof = disabled

also

View attachment 20923

Burn at 4x, OPC disabled, FHT and Smartburn enabled. And yes the layerbreak can be set either way.

Sent from my HTC_Amaze_4G using freakin' Tapatalk 4

Reactions: madman29729

axiz9900

Noob Account
Dec 10, 2013
i got a sale on verbs 2 x 20 packs for 40$ plus tax free shipp .. mkm001.. BUT no matter what i do what settings i use the first pack i opened ALWAYS had a bad second layer, even older xgd2, i did one just to see.. yes both windows 7 and windows 8 both 64bit and 32 the only thing that was consistent throughout the process of tossing away 20 verbs (coasters) was the drive and the spool, the thing that got me was i was soo pissed i turned it off, off hyper tuning opc EVERYTHING off, and got the best burn of my life... well until it came to the second layer!!?!/!!? like wth, i didn't save ALL the options i used but i did snap each kprobe result if you want a look! i thought bad spool, then i tried 2 or 3 on the other spool.. nearly the same problem with the FIRST layer this time.. i'm at wits end... but hey they verify.. and sofar install, so screw it i'm not throwing away 40 (took like ten outta the trash bin after the first one installed) verbs if they still might work.. i'll just have to test them good for a ban on my verry old sammy box.... but seriously any thoughts??? i tryied everything have like 25 blanks left..........

RhoTrux64

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2004
Start a fresh thread with logs and scans. You didn't mention the burner model or if you tried burning them at 4x. FHT, Overspeed and Smartburn enabled and burning at 4x always worked for MKM001 and my setup.

Tapatalk 2 from my HTC Amaze 4G