::::XICS Scripting Team::::

xxinsanityxx

Jul 14, 2005
Hey, If you have tried to would like to help/be in the XICS scripting team and code simple thigns like P2P programs, or network sharing Programs and what not and think you have a general knowledge, but you dont have the motivation to do so or dont have the time, well please contact me ASAP via PM or in this thread. (preferably PM) and i will tell you what a amazing off you could have!

xxinsanityxx

Jul 14, 2005
anyways... ANYONE INTERESTED IN WORKING ON MAKING XICS SCRIPTS LET ME KNOW. THERE IS A BIG REWARD(s) IF SO!!!!

Poida^

VIP Member
Jul 13, 2005
Australia
Bribing people aren't working I see. The reward should already be being part of a team. :)

Once I get my control panel I'll have a look into this.

santium

Noob Account
Jun 23, 2005
I get my X3 tomorrow. I've been reading the language guides. I'd be glad to be part of such a team.

ureterral

VIP Member
Dec 8, 2003
Melbourne, Australia
www.fase.me
Ive tried doing some bios download and flash scripts but they havnt worked as of yet.
I think its a fault on my end but who knows. When i get a router this week ill have a "proper" network setup and ill continue with it.

Poida^

VIP Member
Jul 13, 2005
Australia
I think the first thing someone needs to do is some really good documentation. The language guide is great especially for experienced scripters, but for newbies to get more into... they prefer to have step by step tutorials, sample scripts that are actually useful and a "getting started" section. Just like how I got into other scripting languages. Maybe I haven't looked in the right places...

santium

Noob Account
Jun 23, 2005
I wrote a basic script that will flash the bios from the internet, download a dashboard, and run that dashboard. No problem.

xxinsanityxx

Jul 14, 2005
nice, i agree... we do need a good tutorial... Unfortuantly i have been having quite a bit of troubles with the scripting. but im pretty sure its on my site because im wireless in most cases... but i thinkt hat if we all work together we can pull somethign sweet together :D

xxinsanityxx

Jul 14, 2005
I dont know about you Guys but i would definatly Like to get this started, So i say we Talk insantly somtime In an IRC Channel, if you have general knowledge by all means Come join! You guys can join the official XICS channel on irc

Server: irc.after-all.org
Channel #xics

Team is Starting to slowly Recruit So Please come and get ur ass on the team :D cheers!

-insanity

P.S If you are curouis of a reward and as to what that could be PM Insanity on the channel, if im idle i will get back to you so simple idle in there and wait or leave ur email or some way of contacting like Msn Addy and what not. Haha im Stoked!

Btw. if you are curoius as to why i picked irc.after-all.org it's because it is much less crowded and has a much faster connect and response time compared to other's like efnet. If can't talk via IRC please PM me, and we will try to work somethin out :D

Last edited:

xxinsanityxx

Jul 14, 2005
The Server has been Changed to irc.efnet.net and channel #xics because there are more xbox related channels on that server, such as #xbmc #xbins and what not :D, and i hope this will go a ways for helping advertize the X3 and the Xecuter Products if we make it a success

Poida^

VIP Member
Jul 13, 2005
Australia
NoOo! What about tutorials and samples to get people started?

santium

Noob Account
Jun 23, 2005
Well, since he gave up, I'm gonna restart it. Same network, same channel. Come on people, lets get this going. :)

XBGuy

Oct 23, 2003
USA
I Agree....a sample would be nice...

A sample of that script you wrote would be a great help to all. As I've posted in a new thread...there is a site opening soon that is going to host a contest for someone to write a file sharing script. The reward is the xectuer xir mod...the full details of this contest will be posted with the site, but if you have a sample script that you've tested ect...please post it to give "less educated" folks a try at the contest. It will also bring more people into the xics, hopefully. I'm sure if someone takes the time to get a good script, well commented ect, up the xics scene will take off. The biggest problem here seems to be that those of us interested in this xics scripting language don't seem to have the basic knowledge needed. I personally have tried to execute many scripts, and obviously must be doing something wrong...so with that "working" script...give an explanation as to how you executed it...if you use cd/dvd tell us how you burned it...ect...it really don't take long to write a simple tutorial...most people interested in this type of thing will not need a ton of pics or anything...help out!! Happy Modding All!!

Poida^

VIP Member
Jul 13, 2005
Australia
OMG. That post was almost a year ago. There was no need to reply to that.

I think I meant he should post extra samples of 'cool' scripts and an idiot step-by-step getting started guide as a better incentive to start this group up when I wrote that post. You know how alot of people don't really know where to look and there's no 3rd party guides.

The X3 ones are easy to follow and I've already played with it.
I'm just saying he gave up too easily without giving people a reason to continue his work.