XJonnyGunsX Video Guide for Installing the R-JTAG Starter Kit

Martin C

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2004
Scotland, UK
www.team-xecuter.com
Nice - a hint for the POST_OUT QSB is to apply the flux to the via points AFTER you've anchored the QSB, so you can better align it :)

You're also using wiring far too thin for 5v / GND.

Reactions: XJonnyGunsX

gyrene2083

Noob Account
Sep 17, 2003
Bronx, NY
I have to say XJonnyGunsX, I have been working on R-Jtag'ing my jasper for 14 hours straight, haven't gone to bed nothing. :mad:I was having all kinds of issues, and it was partially my fault, but some was just being new to r-jtagging period, or even jtagging. I read, I really did, I saw videos, I refused to post until I exhausted every means that was available to me. Then when I was about to just throw in the towel,:facepalm: at 0730 EST, I found your video. I saw it three times before I did anything to my setup, I had the Ultimate, not the Standard set.

I was glad when I got toward the end of your video that you had the blinking green light, top left red and bottom two red partial rings, and when you said that it was normal, I could finally breathe.:D So with new life, I made some coffee and back tracked. I figured out that I had selected the wrong version for a nand dump in the Jasper setup. I dumped a 512, and I had a 256. I felt good momentum was on my side. I then traced my soldering points, didn't like the CPU_RST POINT I had on the bottom, so I desoldered, and moved it to the top. That made a difference, I made sure everything was tight crossed my fingers, jogged in place, and knocked out 20 pushups, (too damn tired to do anymore) and bam, I was able to get to Xell, took 8 pictures of my cpu key, and uploaded to all different clouds. Made the image, wrote it to the 360, and damn if the sucka didn't boot. Freaking tears of joy man, tears of joy.

Now I'm looking at this box that's looking at me, and I'm like ok now what!!!!LMAO

But your video, was perfect, even the music calmed my nerves. Awesome great freaking job. Thanks for making this old Marine, happy. My son is going to freak now. :cool2:

-Semper Fi
gyrene2083

skillet34

VIP Member
Jun 21, 2012
MA USA
Dude I love the videos! It was one of yours that got me through my first rgh. (not that the TX guide wasn't enough) Great voice, nice calming music keep up the good work!! Between team TX all the support here, and the videos any one can do it.........almost.:smile:

Last edited:

mousey01

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2010
Shropshire UK
Great video, very informative and ace for those people who are not very confident about being able to carry out this install themselves. Thanks for taking the time to do this tutorial.

BrockThunderjam

VIP Member
Jun 25, 2013
Why I can not watch this video?
Can someone please help me.

Thanks
He's made his videos private. Had a falling out of sorts with some people.

jmacado

Dec 21, 2012
US of A
Still a little sorty with XJonnyGunsX. Like BT stated above, he did have a falling out and has moved on to another career as well. He has for now moved on past the XBOX Scene.