xk3y questions

blewskrin

Dec 14, 2010
Stockholm, Sweden
I read through the topics related to xk3y questions and I have a couple of questions.

1. People saying it's not live safe and MS can (easily) detect it (I assume via software). What would they use to detect that?

My thoughts: Can a drive emulator have all the properties that a hardware one has? I am far from being an expert in drive emulation area but I guess a way to detect whether it's an emulated drive or a hardware one is to see how fast/slow the information comes from the device (assuming the drive needs more time to spin in the beginning, and emulator will be much faster). Or are there any other "easy" ways to detect that?

2. Can a console get flagged for banning while offline while using xk3y, and then when one gets online, without xk3y, actually get the console banned? Is it possible to get a console banned while not playing a game but just being online?

My thoughts: I guess there are people out there who use online just for downloading demos, buying arcade games, sending messages and using non-game related messages (twitter, facebook, movies, music, etc). In this case using xk3y just for offline sounds like a good idea.

Thanks

blewskrin

Dec 14, 2010
Stockholm, Sweden
That's the thing, they do not have an official forum. And, since there were several news about xk3y in this forum (and that's actually how I first heard about the product), I thought I will give it a try here. A bad idea as I see now. Sorry.