Yes, Im a n00b but have some Live Q's

StealReserve

Noob Account
Nov 22, 2004
dkakljdfad
If anyone is willing to help, please do so.

I have an x3, v1.6, and I haven't gone live yet cuz Im afraid to. I dont know everything about my mod so Im wondering a few things:

1-I can go Live by just running it from the MS dash while my tray is ejected, then Im assuming I can run whatever game is in my tray once Live is loaded (?). But am I able to get updates with a mod? If I try and get the autoupdate for H2 will they recognize my mod?

2-Is there anything I have to watch out for while Im on live. How can I make sure my chip isnt detected?

Thanks, anyone please help me!

DrKickflip13

May 26, 2005
Just lock your harddrive and disable the X3 (hold power button for about 4 seconds) then you can go on live..or at least I think that's right

Rookio

VIP Member
Feb 15, 2005
Sydney, Australia
Yep that's right, and the state of your DVD tray is irrelevant. (note that you can't run backed up games on LIVE)

for the ultra parrenoid people install all your apps and dashboards etc. onto the f or g drive. You can download the updates. Just do like DrKickflip said and make sure you disable the chip and you'll be right.

Rookio

VIP Member
Feb 15, 2005
Sydney, Australia
If you don't lock your hdd, the xbox will not boot up in disabled mode. It just gives you an error # 5. The only way to get in to the original dashboard/bios is with the hdd locked.

scoobaman

Oct 5, 2004
toronto, ont
as long as you have your hard drive locked (your xbox wint boot otherwise) and you have your mod chip disabled, you should be fone.

Fraudster

Noob Account
Oct 23, 2004
Scamming Your Credit Card
Things have changed somewhat ladies and gents...

Microsoft are now performing all other manner or checks...

Even putting signals through ports on the mobo to see if there's any chip installed..

Also note once you connect to live the first time your xbox serial is recorded... if you changge hdd and connect again, im fairly sure you'll get you a$$ bann3d.

peace

Pooka

Nov 23, 2003
Schaumburg, IL
www.djpooka.net
Fraudster said:
Also note once you connect to live the first time your xbox serial is recorded... if you changge hdd and connect again, im fairly sure you'll get you a$$ bann3d.
Fairly sure this is true.