Yet another Xenon that won't boot xell?? HELP!

Geekgod4

‎alright guys, here is the low-down, I have updated my jtaggable xenon (with a CB of 1888) from kernel 5766 to the 7mb (no avatar data) 7371 NXE dash. I had the nand-x (and Jtag QSB's) installed BEFORE I updated to 7371. (oh yeah :3 I used the damn QSB's) soooo I then proceeded to dump my nand. connected to my laptop, booted up Coolshrimps JTAG tool (latest ver. 3.xx whatever...) dumped my nand 3 times getting a consistent 250 error at block 240 for every dump (this is ok from what i read..) I then compared the dumps with the built in comparison tool in the jtag tool, nandcompare and degraded 1.1. no non matching blocks. (I ALSO saved 3 5766 nand dumps before i updated btw..) I then finally proceeded to write xell. (wrote successfully) unhooked the nand-x wires and attempted to boot.... E79. I then re-flashed my good 7371 nand dump... boots fine... tried again and again with different resistor settings on the JTAG QSB (the switch) tried everything I can think of... also xellous. nothing doin! so here I sit, 7371 re flashed, xbox boots.. trying to decide what to do next. (ANOTHER NOTE: THIS 360 IS THE ONE I LIQUID COOLED!) ...although I ruled out my cooling loop as a source of the E79 because it boots with 7371 :p

sh*t i just don't know what to do!

here are my pictures, macros with a jewellers loop on the lens for uber macros of my dads soldering.. IMAGES ON FB

*I can remove my cussing if its an issue :p sorry bout that..

Last edited:

hodgie

VIP Member
Apr 8, 2011
Southern, VT (usa)
where is you J1F1 photo? or did i just miss it LOL i dont see anything soldered there.

forget it, im very sorry, I just missed it!!
was the jumper between the two there during your writing of Xell?

Last edited:

Geekgod4

try writing xell manually using nand pro, i had one that kept giving e79 using jtag tool until i manually wrote xell and xell booted straight up.
I'll look around on how to do that.. lol

where is you J1F1 photo? or did i just miss it LOL i dont see anything soldered there.

forget it, im very sorry, I just missed it!!
was the jumper between the two there during your writing of Xell?
yup, it was there. I also tried it without it once :rolleyes:

Martin C

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2004
Scotland, UK
www.team-xecuter.com
Another thing to check. Get a multimeter set to Ohms (20k max should be enough).

Put the neg end on a ground point and the pos end on J2D2.1 and J2D2.2. You should get 1.5KOhm from both points. Let me know what you get.