COOLRUNNER Zephyr Board wont boot into Xell Rev C

Kopfspalter

Jan 4, 2012
Good evening, I updated my xbox 360 (Phat) Zephyr Console to 14699 and wanted to do an Rgh 1.0 with Jrunner.

I dumped the Nand like always with Nand-x. Created the ECC. etc... flashed the Coolrunner Rev C. with the zephyr RGH 1.0 File.

After that I wired all cables that were shown up in the Coolrunner Rev C Rgh 1.0 Diagram in Jrunner, also the low res. 50 Ohm cable+Gnd.

1. I tried to boot into Xell but the green light of the Coolorunner won´t flash
(Coolrunner Rev C. not touched caps were original)

2. I thought well lets try the caps that were shown in the diagramm 2-3 and the 1 cap. -> still the same.

3. Then I thought well, lets try the old method. I changed the 50 ohm cable with the blue wire and soldered the blue wire like the old Coolrunner Rgh. After that I had a green flashing coolrunner like always but it still won´t boot into Xell.
What am I doing wrong ?

All pictures here (Soldering should be good have done some RGH before, only had a Handy Camera :/)

xbox wolters.pngtx_revc_phat_rgh1.jpgIMAG0495.jpgIMAG0497.jpgIMAG0499.jpgIMAG0500.jpgIMAG0501.jpg

Last edited:

Kopfspalter

Jan 4, 2012
Sorry it was set to phat but the diagram said try both, so I tried Phat and Slim ->Phat Mode -> Led flashes green with the blue wire soldered. Slim -> Nothing no Led flashing

Kopfspalter

Jan 4, 2012
already done Rgh 1 Jumper closed, Default 2-3 closed, also 100nF closed still the same.

Should i try closing 2-1 instead of 2-3 ?

IMAG0502.jpg

Last edited:

Kopfspalter

Jan 4, 2012
leave 2-3 for now.

Can you confirm it boots stock ok with the CR set to NOR?
Do you mean I should flash back orig Nand And should look if its boot normal ?
I have still the green flashing led and nothing happens.
cannot boot into xell

Last edited:

Martin C

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2004
Scotland, UK
www.team-xecuter.com
As per my roadmap for noobies, before you write the ECC you should be checking the console still boots with the CR set to NOR. So write the 1st 50 blocks of your original dump back and try it.

Kopfspalter

Jan 4, 2012
As per my roadmap for noobies, before you write the ECC you should be checking the console still boots with the CR set to NOR. So write the 1st 50 blocks of your original dump back and try it.
Ok I have done it like you said, flashed back the 16mb original Nand and set the Coolrunner to PRG, boots up in the normal dash. like normal.
Annoying what could it be hmm....

(You said the Console should start with normal nand and coolrunner set to NOR ? serious ?) Roadmap for n00bies says it should boot up with cr in PRG ?

Last edited:

hersheys247

VIP Member
Dec 25, 2011
Detroit area, MI, USA
Your stby_clk seems to be touching other point in the pic, can you confirm

Sent from my Brain Tumor causing device using Tapatalk 2

Kopfspalter

Jan 4, 2012
The Stby_clk is not touching also desoldered and resoldered it cause of caution. Still the same. Should I try it with different wire lengthes ? I heard someone received a glitch with a 87 cm green and 107 cm blue wire which were looped around. ? Any other ideas :)

Kopfspalter

Jan 4, 2012
Have you yused the shielded cable and wired it on the coolrunner like the blue wire or like the normal coolrunner rev c sdiagram ?