RGH Zephyr Can't Boot Xell No matter what I do, CD 4572,

kilroy23

VIP Member
Nov 5, 2011
Everywhere and Nowhere
so heres whats going on, as the tiltle says i cant boot xell. its glitching fine but nothing else. the dash is pre-metro dash im not sure atm which exactly. ive rewired and re soldered countless times. Ive built my .ecc with both j runner and multi builder no luck. ive tried the low loss cable no luck. ive tried every glitch image in j runner including trinity etc jsut for kick. when i load stock nand boots just fine and my wiring layout is almost identical to the phat wires diagram the revised ones, ive also ohm'ed out all points to rule out any break in connection. any ideas because i am fresh out.

Edit: Ive also tried moving the STBY_CLK to the resistor right next to the original point, tried bridging the built in caps in every variation and moving post out wire around on the bottom of the board, I used a 30x ,magnifying glass to check all the points to verify they were in the right spot and solid

thanks guys

Last edited:

daman10

VIP Member
Jun 27, 2012
Your pics are pretty terrible so cant really make anything out, it also looks like your using a clone coolrunner judging by the white switch so you wont get any support with that.

L

LoneWolf913

Your pics are pretty terrible so cant really make anything out, it also looks like your using a clone coolrunner judging by the white switch so you wont get any support with that.
Agreed on the quality of pictures, disagreed on the CR being fake: http://www.team-xecuter.com/forums/showthread.php?t=79081 One in the OP's pics has the dot on the Xilinx chip, lettering looks fine, and frankly the switch on the CR could be white or that funky off-white TX uses..almost impossible to tell from the quality of the photos.

kilroy23

VIP Member
Nov 5, 2011
Everywhere and Nowhere
Get at falcon Zephyr are a wasted of time 2nd gen board wasted of time getting slim or falcon or jasper something around there
I tried to get better pics but its hard to get a close up like i said this is probably my 50th RGH Ive done and I Rework for a living so my wires are solid, and get a different board doesn't exactly solve my situation as its for a customer not me. Ive done probably 10-15 zephyr's and never had this exact issue

Martin C

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2004
Scotland, UK
www.team-xecuter.com
Like i said this is probably my 50th RGH Ive done and I Rework for a living so my wires are solid
ORLY?

The dash is pre-metro dash im not sure atm which exactly
How can you NOT know if you've dumped the NAND?

Post a screenshot of your NAND open in J-Runner.

kilroy23

VIP Member
Nov 5, 2011
Everywhere and Nowhere
I tried to get better pics but its hard to get a close up like i said this is probably my 50th RGH Ive done and I Rework for a living so my wires are solid, and get a different board doesn't exactly solve my situation as its for a customer not me. Ive done probably 10-15 zephyr's and never had this exact issue
Wont get any support with that.... what the heck do you know how loyal ive been to team X and how many
of their products I have bought. after 50 freaking coolrunners ive come here to ask for help maybe twice before.... Im not saying they owe me anything but sh*t man I only ask for help when its been two days of trial and nothing works. The hostility I get on here some times is completely unnecessary as I don't treat anyone like that, and I am far from n00bish

I reball PS3's and Hp DV6000's all day so im pretty sure i can solder some wires pretty well

---------- Post added at 06:04 ---------- Previous post was at 06:00 ----------

ORLY?

How can you NOT know if you've dumped the NAND?

Post a screenshot of your NAND open in J-Runner.
Haha your right J runner tells me right there....

free picture hosting

kilroy23

VIP Member
Nov 5, 2011
Everywhere and Nowhere
Does the console still boot when you flash that original NAND back?
yes without a hitch it does

and ive taken several nand dumps

Martin do you think it would be worth trying some alt points just to rule that out? If so should I start with Cpu_Rst or which? Its not mine so i dont wanna just start scraping traces before I rule everything else out.

Last edited:

Martin C

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2004
Scotland, UK
www.team-xecuter.com
In which case, better images of your solder points are needed.

ALL cameras have the ability to take good enough quality pics without needing a magnifier. I suggest submitting better images before we go any farther.

kilroy23

VIP Member
Nov 5, 2011
Everywhere and Nowhere

free image hosting

picture hosting

upload pictures

I can not even with my hd webcam get a decent enough pic of pll bypass
i dont know if its lighting or what

and i know you dont want to hear this, but its perfect as perfect gets, its trimmed short and solid not a cold joint as I tinned the tip of the wire and heated the point not the wires are to draw the solder down onto the point, and tested with an ohms meter for continuity to the point from the CR

maybe its the CR or just one of those boards where its anybodys guess, i have some more CRs coming in in a few days so if nothing else i guess i can rule that out

Last edited:

PeteZR1

VIP Member
Dec 4, 2011
Spain
IMO your soldering looks good so try again with a different CR. I guess you already tried all possible combinations the CR offers but no made no improvements, right?

I knew Zephyr's are a PITA with RGH2, not doing RGH1 at all!

kilroy23

VIP Member
Nov 5, 2011
Everywhere and Nowhere
IMO your soldering looks good so try again with a different CR. I guess you already tried all possible combinations the CR offers but no made no improvements, right?

I knew Zephyr's are a PITA with RGH2, not doing RGH1 at all!
Yes sir I have, I should have some in tomorrow so ill see what happens, its just puzzling. I could just swap the board but im one of those people that wants to know why. Curiosity is something ive spent years of my life on.

[email protected]

VIP Member
Jun 21, 2012
I'm curious whether he succeeded with that Zephyr or not. I have an unglitchable Zephyr too. Spent two evenings on it and it never booted up. I returned it back to stock then. I'm talking about RGH1 of course.

[email protected]

VIP Member
Jun 21, 2012
I have an unglitchable Zephyr too. Spent two evenings on it and it never booted up. I returned it back to stock then. I'm talking about RGH1 of course.
Reballed both the GPU and CPU on this stubborn Zephyr just in case and tried to glitch it again - no luck. Green LED on Coolrunner blinks infinitely.

Last edited:

zenuub

Noob Account
Feb 16, 2013
The first generation consoles are hard to boot to XeLL, i've heard some people write an ecc using a falcon nand. Try to find a donor nand which is falcon and write that to your nand and see if that works.

skillet34

VIP Member
Jun 21, 2012
MA USA
Some Zephyrs are just a pain in the a$$. The cr3 will give you more options with the built in dip switches, is that what you have coming in? If you want to keep using the one you have try it with a cpu_rst cleaner and the wire over the fan shroud. Have had good luck with the cleaner though I do prefer to not even bother with Zephyrs. Other than the cleaner I don't recall having to do anything else to glitch on rgh1.