Zephyr CB 4569 RGH2 needed only for DVD recovery - CR3 Lite settings to start with ?

amateurconsoles

Nov 24, 2006
Hello,

I have done many RGH installations and this Zephyr with dash 15574 is really a pain in the ass, like too much people here.
Someone has tried to update this xbox with dash 15574, while he got modified firmware installed in his Benq drive. Now the Benq drive cannot be get into vendor mode anyhow, followed Jungleflasher tutorials to the letter, just tried everything.

So, just RGH2 this xbox to get the cpu key and with that extract the DVD key from the nand, to install that in another Benq drive.

I first made the dump with NAND-X, then wrote the .ecc file for xboxes with high dashboard (Advanced, write ECC for > 14719).
Then I installed the Coolrunner 3 Lite and tried to glitch this xbox to have it booted into Xell. But whatever setting I use on the CR3 Lite, whatever timing file, whatever wire type, wire routing or wire length to cpu_rst, it won't boot into Xell. By the way my solder skills are pretty good.
Also let it boot for more then 8 hours every time.

So here is my question:

What are the best settings on CR3 Lite, best timing file, best wire length to cpu_rst to start with ? It does not matter if it would take 24 hours to boot into Xell, because I only need it once.

Martin C

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2004
Scotland, UK
www.team-xecuter.com
"Now the Benq drive cannot be get into vendor mode anyhow"

Does the drive still work?

ALL Benq drives can go into vendor mode. It appears you're going down an unnecessary route.

amateurconsoles

Nov 24, 2006
I put the Benq drive in another fat Xbox, and it can still play an original DVD movie. So it is working I presume.
Pictures about my installation I post later.

Martin C

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2004
Scotland, UK
www.team-xecuter.com
I would forget about RGH2 on the Zephyr and just get the BenQ into vendor mode. Get the right kit for the job and you'll be sorted.

I've NEVER had a problematic BenQ.

amateurconsoles

Nov 24, 2006
When I boot the Xbox with the Benq drive inside (with original nand to the mobo and without cr3 lite of course), I got this error message on the screen:

1A1B-3CD6-B600-0402-C000-0001

When I connect the Benq drive to my PC I see in Jungleflasher: VAD6038-64930C

Whatever I try in Jungleflasher, it would never go into vendor mode. Before this I had a lot of customers with modified Benqs and they did an update from a low dash, and all those drive stuck with the same kind of error code on the screen. And I always got into vendor mode.

But with this drive it seems not to be possible with Jungleflasher, I even tried to get into vendor mode with older versions of Jungleflasher. Maybe I need to go back to the old times, and use dosflash.

Last edited:

amateurconsoles

Nov 24, 2006
Below are my Jungleflasher results for the Benq drive:

1) Connected Benq drive to X360_USB_PRO_V5 (latest sw installed) and Team Xecuter power connecter with Molex power supply, connected USB cable to PC

2) Put power switch to on

3) Started Jungleflasher 0.1.94 beta

4) Drive properties shows:
Vendor PBDS
Name: VAD6038-64930C
This is my starting point for all different attempts.

Then I tried:

1) Benq Unlock Button, shows:
Done!
Sending Vendor Intro
Vendor Intro Failed
Then pressed "Intro/Device ID" button
switched off power to drive, pressed yes, then switched power on. Like I did with >1000 drives in the past years. But the number off dots on the screen kept growing. Switched off and on again for 20 times, but nothing happened. Flash chip properties Type kept switching between : Status 0x51 (drive on) and 0x80 (drive power off)

2) Switched off drive, closed Jungleflasher, switched drive on, started Jungleflasher again.
Then directly I pressed "Intro/Device ID" button and did the same under step 1, but no vendor mode.
Flash chip properties Type kept switching between : Status 0x51 (drive on) and 0x80 (drive power off)

3) Switched off drive, closed Jungleflasher, switched drive on, pressed eject button on power connector tool, switched off power, closed tray half way, switched on drive and started Jungleflasher again. Pressed Benq Unlock Button under step 1 and continued, but no vendor mode.
Flash chip properties Type kept switching between : Status 0x51 (drive on) and 0x80 (drive power off)

4) Switched off drive, closed Jungleflasher, switched drive on, pressed eject button on power connector tool, switched off power, closed tray half way, switched on drive and started Jungleflasher again. Directly pressed "Intro/Device ID" button like at step 2, and continued, but no vendor mode.

amateurconsoles

Nov 24, 2006
I connected another Benq drive, and boom, in 1 time I got it in vendor mode. Difference here, is that under drive properties, F/W rev and Reservec showed values. With the Benq drive I cannot get in vendor mode, those fields were empty.

Martin C

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2004
Scotland, UK
www.team-xecuter.com
Thanks ! I will read that asap (in a few hours) and post the results :)
I thought you said you had tried everything? Reading the JF manual should have been the first thing you did.

amateurconsoles

Nov 24, 2006
That did the trick !!!! Got it into status 0x73 , then after clicking the intro device/id button, I could read/write the firmware, thanks !

@Martin C : I could have expected that answer from you ;-) Now I know what I did not know, before that it is hard to describe what you don't know. Besides the bad flash recovery procedure is on page 201, and the Jungleflasher tutorial 1.4.5 Benq flashing part (page 35-49) is never referring to the bad flash recovery producedure. So it's normal that you could have missed that part.

I think that the one who tried to update to 15574, turned off the xbox before the error message 1A1B-3CD6-B600-0402-C000-0001 appeared on the screen.
I will check that and post it here.

Martin C

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2004
Scotland, UK
www.team-xecuter.com
When I boot the Xbox with the Benq drive inside (with original nand to the mobo and without cr3 lite of course), I got this error message on the screen:

1A1B-3CD6-B600-0402-C000-0001
It just needs 15574 update to carry on - the error message tells you that.

Worst part is it was on 6683 before and would have made a great JTAG console!

Reactions: amateurconsoles

amateurconsoles

Nov 24, 2006
Yeah, hard to imagine that someone wanted to have it updated to 15574. When I flashed the Benq drive back to stock (pre 13141), I could finish the update 15574 from an USB stick.
I normally see dashboards which could be Jtagg'ed maybe 1 out of 200 Xboxes nowadays.

moco

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2004
Australia
Yeah, hard to imagine that someone wanted to have it updated to 15574. When I flashed the Benq drive back to stock (pre 13141), I could finish the update 15574 from an USB stick.
I normally see dashboards which could be Jtagg'ed maybe 1 out of 200 Xboxes nowadays.

what happened to you happened to my jasper when they first released that system update that removed the cfw from the drive. I was so damn angry and looked online everyday for like 5 days, then bang!, GLiGLi announced the RGH then not long after rebooters came out. Now we have RGH, I thought to myself " Screw you microsoft " I'll hack the daylights outta my console now!