Zephyr Problems? Read Here ! *** UPDATED AUGUST 10TH 2013 ***

TheGlow

VIP Member
Mar 23, 2009
Brooklyn NY
Re: Zephyr Problems? Read Here !

I can see the trepidation on supplying the code, but I wonder how practical it would be to set up an appointment and then allow an authorized Mod to vnc/teamviewer onto someones machine and maybe run a quick file xfer, upload, and delete.
Or bundle a package that self deletes, some such.
I'm sure they can make a modded slimmed down jrunner that can access the files and have a mod put a daily password in or some such and the files contained only in the app momentarily for Mods to use in the teamviewer session.

jsinger47

Staff member
Troll Eating Dogs
Feb 6, 2011
Grand Rapids, MI

I can see the trepidation on supplying the code, but I wonder how practical it would be to set up an appointment and then allow an authorized Mod to vnc/teamviewer onto someones machine and maybe run a quick file xfer, upload, and delete.
Or bundle a package that self deletes, some such.
I'm sure they can make a modded slimmed down jrunner that can access the files and have a mod put a daily password in or some such and the files contained only in the app momentarily for Mods to use in the teamviewer session.
Things are very easily undeleted.

In the case of a spelling error, I blame Tapatalk.

Ubergeek

Xecuter Groupie
Feb 24, 2003
California, USA

Clones of R-JTAG were available the next day the official one was released.

http://www.aliexpress.com/wholesale?SearchText=r-jtag&catId=0&initiative_id=SB_20130724081208
Funny guy

Do you even know how that bullshit china website works ?

1. They are not clones - there are no clones of R-JTAG - why would you even suggest they are clones? They use our picture and the prices are the same as our retail prices - silly boy
2. AliExpress vendors post products but have no stock. They hardly ever have stock. they take orders then try to source from the marketplace.
3. Read http://team-xecuter.com/where-to-buy/ - what does it say at the top ?
4. Perfect example: http://www.alibaba.com/products/LTU2.html <--- these are not LTU2. We havent even released LTU2 yet. The LTU2 firmware wont work on ANY of these boards even if they did exist. But please tell us again how Aliexpress can be trusted ?

Dumbass posts like this make me wanna rage

Ubergeek

Xecuter Groupie
Feb 24, 2003
California, USA

I saw this image a few minutes before:

Code:
http://team-xecuter.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=19025&d=1374294651

from this thread:
Code:
http://team-xecuter.com/forums/showthread.php/137883-Falcon-powers-on-then-off
It obviously came for modchipcentral.
Code:
http://www.modchipcentral.com/store/product.php?productid=17928&cat=294&page=1
Notice the "fw v1.1" text on top of the TX logo embossed XC2C128 chip? Does it mean we have to send back to TX our v1.0 R-JTAG chips for reprogramming *if* we have those nasty non-booting zephyrs? I do have one sitting next to me since 3 weeks now waiting for this "timing" issue to be fixed. I imagine you will not release a simple over-jtag programmable xsvf file to make our lives easier due to fear of cloning. Can anyone in the know comment on this?

How do we who got stuck with v1.0 and a non-booting zephyr get this update?
to be honest I have no idea how this person has a v1.1 as it is a prototype that is still in testing stage - they must have been released already

also the fact of the matter is that zephyrs suck - period. Even when the timing is perfect many of them fail to boot due to the very poor quality of the GPU.

Reactions: pengekcs

Antalpromille

VIP Member
Aug 4, 2011
Borås, sweden

to be honest I have no idea how this person has a v1.1 as it is a prototype that is still in testing stage

also the fact of the matter is that zephyrs suck - period. Even when the timing is perfect many of them fail to boot due to the very poor quality of the GPU.
I was going to say that i seen a few persons posting inages about this but it seem to be the same person posting images of it over and over again.

Is this the prototype that is going to solve the non booting zephyr-problem?

Ubergeek

Xecuter Groupie
Feb 24, 2003
California, USA

I was going to say that i seen a few persons posting inages about this but it seem to be the same person posting images of it over and over again.

Is this the prototype that is going to solve the non booting zephyr-problem?
Solve is the wrong word - there have been some changes to help problematic Zephyrs but you cant polish a turd.

Antalpromille

VIP Member
Aug 4, 2011
Borås, sweden

Solve is the wrong word - there have been some changes to help problematic Zephyrs but you cant polish a turd.
thank you for that answer, and i guess ill get those turds flushed away asap before its to late :p

BL4K3Y

VIP Member
Jul 7, 2010
Colne, Lancashire (UK)

there have been some changes to help problematic Zephyrs but you cant polish a turd.
You certainly know how to paint a mental picture, Ubergeek :D! Lol.

I tried helping a guy out on IRC the other day (I'm sure he said you pointed him to #RGH) who has been working on a problematic Zephyr and an R-JTAG prototype for a few days now, but he couldn't get it to boot at all.

I thought it might have been poor soldering on his part, but the soldering was fine and the console was failing on 0x21 with every setting.

Last edited:

[email protected]

VIP Member
Jun 21, 2012

to be honest I have no idea how this person has a v1.1 as it is a prototype that is still in testing stage
GPU on Zephyr is exactly the same as on Falcon. CPU is different.

[email protected]

VIP Member
Jun 21, 2012

The exploit is GPU based and the Zephyr fails much harder than the Falcon.
I have a Zephyr, I reballed both CPU and GPU on it. GPU is Falcon type with smaller eSRAM chip. It's still on 14699 dash. RGH1 doesn't work on it. Console is 100% stable. Is R-JTAG worth trying ?

pengekcs

BANNED
Mar 1, 2010
EU

I really hope that some simple and relatively fast solution will be offered for us with crappy zephyrs too. I have bought 7 R-JTAG chips and only installed one so far in a jasper that simply refused to boot with anything else except R-JTAG. But this is the exception, most boot very well with RGH2 solutions. It's a good tool to have make no mistake - if it works for those rare crappy boxes :)

Now I understand that there will still be zephyrs that are turd and just freeze midway through the R-JTAG process (0x21) - no matter probably even with this new code too. However me and many others with existing v1 stock would like to give this update a try. The sooner the better.

I've tried the existing v1 R-JTAG with 2 zephyrs so far (both on 16203) none have reacted to any settings whatsoever; even spent the money on a superfluous JRP v2 thinking that measuring s*it would make a difference. Well, no. (having the v1.1 upgraded version + 2 NAND-X already I see that JRPV2's only difference to JRP v1.1 is the code in the pic chip + the extra wires for "rater" so maybe it could be converted to v2 easily, not that it matters now that I have them both)

I am now seeing the v1.1 ultimate version being offered on the overhauled ck3.co.uk site as well (and on modtraders) - so all of your tests must have passed just fine it seems.

Now if you could care a bit with your existing already paying customers that would be great. And we with the crappy zephyrs would all thank you for it!

Even a VNC based upgrade or something that could be done in 2 minutes would be awesome and then we could spend a few hours again with our stinking pile of *hite trying to get it boot. Also: I have no chinese connections so no need to be afraid, I do not need the upgrade file I am very fine if someone does it remotely. I have 6 R-JTAG chips that would need an upgrade.

Any answers / solutions are welcome.

Reactions: bluebottle